Friday, November 12, 2010

Opps... yesterdays post


Hi Family and Friends,

My surgery is on for tomorrow morning at 11 at North Hennepin. It will be out patient surgery. I am having a lumpectomy where they just go in and take the cancer, make sure the margins are clear of cancer cells, sew you back up and out the door you go. I have to be there at 6:45, I thought that sounded like a lot of prep time but I will just be happy to have it done and get on with life. The recovery on this will be so much easier than if I had done a complete mastectomy and the cancer recurrence rates are supposedly the same regardless. It just finds a new location.

Please pray for good behavior on my part! Wisdom and skill for the surgeon. No lymph node involvement. That is really critical. If there would be lymph node involvement that would mean taking all the lymph nodes under my right arm. We really hope that isn’t necessary.

Thank you sooooo much for all your prayers nice e-mails and cards. You have made waiting this whole month more tolerable. May God bless all of you and keep you in his care.

Trusting HIM,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment